Spirit Week at Villa is arguably my favorite week of learning in the year. I get to sit surrounded by my classmates in various costumes. Because I am a member of the Student Council, I got to vote on the options. This year’s winners were:
- Mr. Monday: A hysterical combination of mustaches, ties, caps, and baggy sweats!
- Tiara Tuesday: Imagine a sea of tulle tutus, sparkly crowns, and jewelry…possibly fake jewelry from the board game Pretty Pretty Princess!
- Onesie Wednesday: My onesie was red with Snoopy and Woodstock from “Charlie Brown.”
- Theater Thursday: This day was about dressing up like anyone from a movie or a play. My friends and I were a group of superheroes; I was Wonder Woman.
- Spirit Friday: Basically a comfy clothes day to show Villa pride.
- Catherine Messina '14
It’s crazy to be receiving emails directed toward “rising Seniors.” I can honestly say that this year has been the fastest moving one so far, which I didn’t think would be possible considering how fast Freshman and Sophomore years moved as well. I really can’t believe actual AP tests are coming up for ME, not just for those mysterious upperclassmen. I guess the Class of 2014 has joined the ranks of the “older girls” at Villa after all.
Time has been moving so quickly, with Spirit Week already come and gone! Spirit Week is by far my favorite week at Villa, not just because it’s a nice change from wearing uniforms (trust me, it is), but also because we get to dress up in crazy outfits that are just as comfortable as they are colorful. Mr. Monday is my favorite day, when we all don our LaSalle and Holy Ghost gear and pretend to be guys. It’s always amusing. This year, we also had Tiara Tuesday, where everyone dressed up as princesses! Being a Disneyphile, it was magical to see so many odes to the Disney Princesses waltzing through the hallways. I got to wear my very own tiara from Disney World itself, so I was thrilled! Another great day we had was Theater Thursday, and girls chose to dress up as different characters from the movies. I dressed as Violet from The Incredibles, and there was everything from horror movies to Dr. Seuss represented.
This year has been great so far, and I can’t wait for spring to hurry along and summer even sooner! One more Spirit Week ever in my Villa career… maybe I don’t want summer to be here so quickly after all.
- Katie Grant '14